Joe Lista opened Lista’s Studio of Photography on Laurens Street in 1953, at the time Aiken was being transformed by the advent of the Savannah River Site. Although the business was started to provide photo services to the new federal nuclear site, Lista’s Studio quickly expanded to serve the private individuals and other businesses in the area.
Over the next few decades, Lista’s Studio moved several times, always to other downtown Aiken locations. In 1978, Todd Lista joined the business with his father. After another decade of serving the photographic needs of the people of Aiken, Joe Lista retired in 1988.
Todd Lista took over the business after his father retired, and it continued to thrive. In 1995 the Old Aiken Post Office, a magnificent landmark building that stood empty and unused, came up for sale. In a bold move, Todd Lista bought the beautiful building and converted it for commercial use.